Swimming & Diving Team Room Upgrade
For the first time in a decade, the UB swimming & Diving team room experienced a facelift. Highlighted with a new plaque recognizing legendary head coach – William H. Sanford, plaques recognizing all-time conference champions, NCAA qualifiers and a new trophy case, the newly refurbished team room now displays the decorated history of the programs student-athletes of the past. Generations of former student-athletes and friends of the program, stepped up to support this upgrade which has provided an aesthetically pleasing space for coaches to host recruits and their families as well as a functional space for studying and team meetings.
- New Head Coach William H. Sanford plaque inside the team room
- New name plate outside the team room
- New trophy case
- New “Wall of Champions”
- All-time NCAA Championship participant roster
Swimming & Diving Starting Blocks
For the first time in over three decades UB has given Alumni Arena’s natatorium a facelift. Eight, state-of-the-art, Olympic caliber starting blocks now line the pool deck. This capital enhancement was completely funded by former men’s and women’s swimming and diving student-athletes.
These new blocks elevate our natatorium’s competition standard, allowing us to host future MAC Championships and NCAA Regional meets. The opportunity to compete in post-season meets within the confines of their home natatorium provides an awesome competitive advantage for our student-athletes. This project is yet another example of how our former student-athletes / Block B members continue to impact our programs. We thank everyone who stepped up to bring these starting blocks to our natatorium and look forward to watching the Bulls compete for championships with these blocks in place for years to come.
- 8 Starting Blocks with donor recognition plaque on the fin of each block.
- Large stainless steel top sloped at a 10 degree angle for optimal starting stances.
- Easy to adjust track start footrest attachment with 11 setting options to accommodate all heights and levels of flexibility.
- Single or dual post anchor with patented anti-wobble design allows for easy removal of blocks.
- Side handles included to enhance speed and quick takeoffs.
- Complies to FINA, USA, NCAA Swimming and NFHS regulations.
Soccer Locker Room & Goals
In 2016, renovations were completed for a new soccer specific locker room at UB Stadium. To the benefit of our student-athletes and coaches, Blue & White Fund donors stepped up to deliver this sport specific locker room just before the season kicked off. This new locker room immediately enhances the student-athlete game day experience and provides players and coaches with a modern, functional, easily accessible space to meet before and during home games.
In addition to the locker room enhancement, donors also delivered new state of the art goals to our soccer stadium. These Kwik “Pro Premier” goals are the same goals used for top FIFA international competition and accommodate simple removal on and off UB Stadium’s field.
Many thanks to all donors who stepped up to provide our student-athletes with a team meeting space and goals that immediately enhanced the student-athlete experience here at UB. These enhancements promise to impact both men’s and women’s soccer programs for years to come!
- Full team locker room with individual player hooks and space to provide players with a unique game day atmosphere.
- Additional floor space for players to roll out and stretch before games
- State of the art Kwik Goal “Pro Premier” goals maximize practice time with lightweight posts and wheels for easy set up and removal.
In 2017, the basketball hallway was upgraded to reflect new athletics branding and to celebrate the three combined conference championships the programs have won in the past two years. This upgrade displays head coaches bio’s and the men’s and women’s basketball programs identity while branded graphics set the tone for players as they enter alumni arena to battle some of the nation’s toughest competition!